This past week, both Tyson and Gabe C went to the shop on Wednesday and I went on Saturday. The Wednesday crew installed the aluminum top cover for the right door, thus completing the final door and insuring its structural integrity. With the help of Mr. Carvalho, they also began shaping the front bumper and fenders by sanding the crudely fiberglassed areas. When I came to the shop of Saturday, Mr. Garcia and I continued right where they left off. Mr. Carvalho's sanding had exposed some areas where the fiberglass was insufficient and weak. When we were originally applying the fiberglass, we mainly did so to the outside of the fender. And so, when it came time to shape the bumper and fender, most of the fiberglass was removed. Having learned from our mistake, this time we applied fiberglass reinforcement to the inside. However, before doing so, we fabricated two aluminum brackets, one for each fender, in order to more securely fasten the fender to the nose. Here are some pictures of the bumper and fenders:
Before
Progress
After
No comments:
Post a Comment